Sunday, May 15, 2011

Weigh in and Other News

Down .2 this week.  Phhhhhttttt!!  Ok, now that I have that out of my system... Ok, so yes it was a loss, but hey, what happened to that 2+ loss from last week?  I could have used another one of those! Oh well onward and downward (upward would not work in this context!).
I checked my measurements last week and have lost a total of 27 inches, which is nothing to sneeze at! I am so happy with the progress I have made and happier still with my commitment to continue on this path.  So, many times in the past I have reach a goal, or almost reached and then quit thinking that was good enough.  I am now convinced that this is a forever change in my life and I will continue eating like this forever.  Its good and, obviously, its good for me.

Last week, we had to have our little girl pug's left eye removed.  Poor baby.  She had been blinded as a very young puppy by a bite from a larger dog.  Because they can't discern light through the eye, they tend to not close it all the way and it dries and becomes prone to infection and starts a vicious cycle that is best ended by this type of surgery.  She now truly defines the words "pug ugly", but we love her nontheless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment