Sunday, October 4, 2009

First Ever Post!!

Hey, wow, this is a new world to me! I am not unfamiliar with blogs, just never imagined I would be posting in one of my own. I never even so much as kept a journal, much less BLOGGED.

I am 53 years old, a woman, wife, mother, grandmother and full time employee with a job I mostly hate. I have two ugly stinky pugs (its the nature of the beast) that keep me on the fringe of lunacy most of the time. I will write about them more as time goes on. They are entertaining. I will also post of husbands, kids, siblings, work, and life in general.

The primary goal of this is to keep give me an outlet that will help me accomplish my weight loss goals which, at the moment, are pretty nebulous. I want to lose, I am losing with the help of Weight Watchers, but I haven't set a numberical marker out there that is going to tell me that I made it. I think this is going to have to be more about the trip than arrival at the station. I have been reading and enjoying other blogs (Leading the Weigh, You're Gonna Need a Bigger Boat, De-Puffing Pixie, TJ's Test Kitchen among others who will be named as I get around to them again) regarding weight loss and other life journeys, so thought this was a brilliant way to talk things through with myself and maybe make some sense of all of this.

Like TJ, I like to cook and will try to post the occasional recipe. I will even try to do it with pictures!! (I am sooo brave, I can't stand it!) I am working on one at the moment for Tacos. I love Mexican food (seem to be a theme amongst the more zaftig of the weight challenged) but mostly my own. I grew up on the Arizona/Mexico Border and was weaned on the best Mexican food in the world. Nothing quite compares and I am hypercritical about crappy Mexican food.

My next favorite food is Chinese. So if I only ate out, you could see I would be doomed. There is something to be said for poverty.

My favorite beverage is Miller Lite. Sorry Carlos, that Bud can is lying to you!! I always manage to have a few points left at the end of the day. I would often rather skip a meal, than miss a beer. Not sure what that says about me.

I think this might be a good start for my first post. Stay tuned for Tacos.

No comments:

Post a Comment