A couple of days ago, I posted a Banana Nut Muffin recipe that I said was 3 points, and it was. But I have wanted to repost the improved version of that, because I can actually get it down to 2 points and its soooo good. Too good not to share. So here goes.
2 Point Banana Muffins
1/2 cup(s) Egg Beaters
1/3 cup(s) packed brown sugar
1/2 cup(s) light sour cream
1/2 cup(s) fat-free skim milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 large very ripe banana(s)
3/4 cup(s) whole wheat flour
1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp table salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg, or more to your taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tin with non-stick baking spray.
2. In a large bowl, beat egg beaters and suger until fluffy about 5 minutes. Beat in sour cream, milk and
3. Mash bananas and add to mixture.
4. In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Add to banana mixture, mixing just until blended.
6. Pour batter into prepared muffin tin. I use ice cream scoop to get equal measure and make less mess.
7. Bake in preheated oven until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin (check a
couple) comes out clean, about 30-35 minutes.
8. Turn out onto a wire rack and let cool.
9. Add 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts for an additional 1 point making these 3 point muffins.
Words do not do these justice. They are light and moist and very tasty. And they are large!! Nice with a cup of joe. And they remain this pretty!!