Monday, November 23, 2009

Holding my own

Good Morning!  Its Monday and I am off for the week.  I always take Mon thru Weds off on Thanksgiving week.  It is traditionally a family time and this year is no different.  We (my brother and sisters along with children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, etc) will celebrate one last Thanksgiving at my parents home. Then I will also make a turkey with all the fixings here at home so we have leftovers, cause lets face it, thats the only reason we have Thanksgiving anyway is cause we love the leftovers!!

I am doing ok with the weight, all things considered.  Saturday we had a memorial gathering at the parents house in honor of my Stepmom.  My sisters employer catered it for us and, of course, it had to be Mexican food.  And good Mexican food to boot!! Even eating a mazillion mini chimis (fried burritos) I haven't gained anything.  I just don't want to let it get out of hand.  I know that I am in control (or not!) and thats the one thing that is going to keep me on the straight and narrow.  If I do screw it up, I am only hurting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment