Saturday, November 14, 2009

Losses and Gains

Well, we lost my wonderful stepmother Thursday morning.  Advanced lung cancer.  It took her quickly and now we must find a way to keep moving forward without our beacon.  We will do it, but it really sucks. 

Oddly, I am now the "matriarch" of the family.  I feel like an old elephant!  I thank God we are all old enough and well established enough in our own lives that we don't really need more than a symbolic leader. 

I also lost another lb. this week, at least on the house scale.  Only one weigh in today and its at 7:30 am.  Not gonna make it.  

Also on Thursday, I was notified I passed the U.S. Customs Brokers Examination and am now eligible to become a Licensed Customs Broker.  This was a grueling test, 80 questions and 4 hours to complete it.  Then wait 7 months to find out if I passed.  Kinda bitter sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment