Thursday, November 26, 2009

Well, Thanksgiving has arrived.  Folks might think we don't have much to be thankful for this year, but we are immensely grateful for many, many things.  We lost people that we loved dearly, wonderful parents whose love was unconditional and always supportive.  But I am grateful that we had them to begin with.  While I am hurting over their loss, I can't imagine what life would have been like without them and, I know that the pain is the cost of loving like that.  Its ok.  

We had our traditional turkey stuffing party last night at my parents house.  It was kind of odd without them, but also comforting to do things we have always done as a family.  So two big turkeys went  into the ovens (double oven) around 6 am.  I am making mashed potatoes at my house and will take them over right before its time to eat.  I am also making some asparagus as we never seem to have enough greens on the table.  

I hope that all of you have a wonderful day.  Don't eat too much, but enjoy everything that you eat.  Take a moment to reflect on the things you are grateful for.  You can always find something!!

No comments:

Post a Comment