Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Doing Better

A few years ago, heck a few months ago, I would have buried myself in a box of crackers and a jar of peanut butter with tall glasses of cold milk because I was depressed about the happenings of the last several days. 

I am now better equiped to deal with life's crap and know that food won't fix any of it and ultimately I will feel worse, not better. 

I have had a good on plan week, so far.   I made a big pot of Chicken Tortilla Soup on Sunday and I always make enough for lunches through the week, so eating soup!  Its about 6 points for 2 cups which is rather filling and I like all the fixings, so I wind up with about a 10 Point+ meal. 

I had a one hell of a day today.  I was bitchy and wound up jumping down the throat of a co-worker who is trying to do her best to support us in less than ideal circumstances right now.  I apologized profusely, but, you know, you can't unring the bell.  It never really goes away.  I am glad that we are pretty good friends in addition to being co-workers.  We will be ok in the long run.  I need more patience!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment