Sunday, March 27, 2011

Weigh In and What To Do About It

Well, weigh in was not as bad as I expected.  I was down .2 actually which was a miracle.  But I need a bigger miracle so I am going to have to knuckle down and do this right. 

I have not been meeting my good health guidelines for starters, so this week I will map out every day ahead of time to make sure I get my dairies and oils in (which I am bad about) and quit eating crap every day that I don't need.  Its not hard, I have done it before, I just have to be disciplined about it.  And, starting yesterday, track, track, track and track some more.  If I am honestly tracking, I will honestly be losing!  I know that about myself and when I don't track, its because of the things I don't want to see, like the handful of almonds or the York Peppermint Patties, corn chip and guacamole...you get the idea.

I made some yummie meals the last couple of days.  Roasted Red Pepper and Herbed Pasta with Shrimp, really, really wonderful.  You can find the recipe at Cooking Light.  I changed up angel hair pasta for the penne, reduced the oil a little, and omitted the cheese completely.  Its works out to about 9 PP per very filling serving.  Whodda thunk one cup of pasta was so much?!

Last night we had Turkey Tenderloin with Tarragon Mushroom Gravy.  I don't remember where I found this recipe, but have tweaked enough that its mine now anyway.

Turkey Tenderloin w/Tarragon Mushroom Gravy


PointsPlus™ Value: 5

Ingredients
1 1/3 pound(s) Jennie-O Turkey Store Turkey breast tenderloins
2 Tbsp Best Foods Light Mayonnaise
2 tsp dried tarragon, divided in half
1 tsp lemon pepper
2 pkgs sliced crimini mushrooms (or slice your own)
1 cup diced raw onion
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
15 oz fat-free chicken broth
1 Tbsp olive oil

Instructions

Heat oven to 350?F. Spray large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. In bowl, combine mayonnaise, half the tarragon and pepper. Spread over turkey breast tenderloins.

Pan sear turkey.

Remove and set aside. Add up to 1 tblsp olive oil and mushrooms and onion to skillet. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Return turkey to skillet.

Pour about 1/3 of the broth and remaining tarragon over mushrooms. Cover and Cook 30 minutes.

Remove cover and cook and additional 15 to 30 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink in center. Remove turkey to serving dish and cover with foil to keep warm. Return mushrooms and broth to burner and bring to a boil. In a jar, add rest of broth to 2 tablespoons flour and shake vigorously until no lumps remain. Add slurry to hot pan with mushrooms. Whisk until a thickens and a smooth gravy is formed.

Serve with Mock Mashed Potatoes.

This is an incredibly good meal.  I actually weighed 3 oz of turkey tenderloin out.  Its not alot but I was satisfied with that.  I love the Mock Mashed Potatoes and they are free.  Smothered in low PP value gravy that is incredibly flavorful.  And with Asparagus on the side.   That's a good healthy meal!!  I will get back to taking pictures eventually.  In the meantime, try these and let me know what you think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment