Saturday, October 2, 2010

Weigh In and Boring!!

Well, weigh in was good, down .02, ok weigh in was eh!!  But that's ok, down is down.  And Zumba is ass kicking!!  I am telling you, it is amazing how fun and exhausting it is.  There is no warm up, just 50 minutes of incredible body movement, accented by trying to catch your breath and not sweat into your eyes, before a 10 minute cool down so your muscles don't go into the rigor mortis they expect after death by latin beat!!

Can you tell I like this Zumba stuff?

Have you noticed I haven't been posting alot of recipes lately?  Its cause I am boring.  I am one of those people who eat the same thing over and over again and am perfectly happy with it, until...  (queue Jaws music!) I MUST HAVE SOMETHING ELSE!. Yeah, its really kind of that crazy.  One of the blogs I follow, along with half the planet at least is The Pioneer Woman.  She posts some great recipes and I loaded her Roasted Vegetable Minestrone Soup recipe into the WW Recipe Builder today and am gonna make soup tomorrow.  That'll last me at least a week!  See I am boring.

But here's a recipe you might enjoy:

Maui Luau Salad

POINTS® Value: 6
Servings: 5
Ingredients
1 box Organic Quinoa Pasta
1 Tbsp Brummel & Brown Soft Spread Margarine
2 Tbsp unpacked brown sugar
1 slice(s) cooked lean ham
2/3 cup(s) canned pineapple, packed in juice
2 1/2 oz Kraft 2% Milk Natural Cheese Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 cup(s) grapes
1 Tbsp mayonnaise
2 Tbsp light sour cream

Instructions
In medium saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar. Add diced ham and saute until ham is lightly browned. Drain and quarter pineapple chunks, reserving 3 tablespoons of liquid.
In a large bowl, combine ham, , cheese, grapes and pineapple. Cook pasta and add to bowl. Toss lightly.
Combine mayo, sour cream and reserved pineapple juice, blend well and pour over pasta mixure. Toss lightly.

I just found this Quinoa Pasta today.  I found it at Frys (Kroger) and it looks like this:



















Its a bit blurry, but you can see the name well here.  I am gonna give it a try.  I'll let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment