Sunday, December 20, 2009

Hurray for Today!!

I am happy to be here today.  Not necessarily blogging, but just breathing in general. 

I love early mornings.  I have been up since 4:30 am.  OK, ok, even for me that's a little early, but I have gotten so much done.  I put my last load of laundry in the washer before 6:30 am!!  How productive is that?!

In the mornings in Arizona, the birds are singing.  We don't have the really cold weather alot of the nation does so the birds don't leave for warmer climates, most of them anyway. So the doves still coo and the wrens and sparrows sing their songs for anyone up early enough to catch the morning serenade.  I don't feed them, it attracts unwanted visitors here, like coyotes and bobcats.  If you bring in the prey, the hunters will follow!!  Not a particularly good idea.  And then there is the javelina, that while herbivorous, are tremendously destructive. I love our wildlife, but I don't want them in my yard.  I am not afraid of snakes.



I don't know what I am going to do with myself today!  I have all day to do it in!!  Just have to figure out what it is. 

Maybe I will just take a long walk.  I have mapped out a path around the neighborhood that I think I can handle without killing myself.  Its quite a distance, but its only partially uphill as opposed to the other direction that is uphill all the way and I am not quite ready for that yet.  Kills my poor old knees.

2 comments:

  1. The early bird catches the worm! :) Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, TJ. I didn't do much, but really had a good time doing it!

    ReplyDelete