Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Price We Pay

Well, as expected, I was up 1.9 pounds today.  Exactly the amount I was DOWN at my last weigh in 2 weeks ago.  That being said, DAMN, I've gotten away with murder for the last 2 weeks.  I have not been tracking, I have been indulging in bad eating habits and thumbing my nose at the whole process.  But I am back on plan and have no intention of throwing in the towel.  Today I am making chicken tortilla soup and its only about 4 points per very generous serving.  I have made a tank load of it so I will be taking it for lunches also.  I don't mind doing that.  I am one of those that can eat the same thing over and over without getting bored!!  Especially if its something I really like and most soups seem to fall in that category.  I have also planned to make some stuffed bell peppers which are 4 points for half a pepper, which is pretty filling.

Today after the meeting, I went next door to do a little shopping (anyone have any ideas of what to do with a humongous Mexican Papaya?) and one of the other women from the meeting approached me.  She was so sweet and said how she enjoyed when I spoke up in meetings, I really had interesting things to say, she was excited about my weight loss, etc.  I thought I was being a major pain in the ass actually 'cause I am one of the participants that get excited about what's going on and jump in.  Anyway, it was nice to have some affirmation and I turned her on to the blog world.  There are so many wonderful, inspirational stories out here in blogland, not to mention tips and recipes.  I would miss you all if I had to give you up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment