Friday, June 4, 2010

Food, Glorious Food

Ok, here are a few of the things I have tried and really, really liked.  Aguachiles, kind of a marinated shrimp dish, hot and spicy!!  Beer Butt Chicken!!  Can you believe I had to come all the way to Mexico to try this?  But not anymore.  Will be making this at home on a regular basis, to be sure!  My cousin turned us on to the wonder of Taquieria Rossy, a taco stand that makes the best stinking shrimp and scallop tacos you ever, ever ate!!  Actually it was the first time I have ever had a "fish" type taco and I could like move into the back room and wash dishes for tacos.  They were soooo good.  OH, almost forgot the pulpo (thats octopus) salsa we had the first day we were here.  That was delicious too.  Ah, who the hell am I kidding?!  Its all been a gastronomic vacation of the best kind. 

Tonight we are grilling steaks and I am making Cucumber and Cantaloupe Salad.  Not sure if I have posted this before, but if you love and trust me, you will make this.  And if you don't love and trust me, if you make it, you will afterwards!!

Cucumber and Cantaloupe Salad

Peel and clean one cantaloupe and cut into bite size pieces.  Depending on the size of your cantaloupe, peel and cut 1 to 2 cucumbers into bite size pieces.  Your goal is to have equal (or close to equal) amounts of each.  I always complete the cleaning and cutting part long before we are actually ready to eat it, so I put the components into their own individual ziploc bags and refrigerate until I am ready to serve the salad.  You don't want to mix this up too early or it gets soupy!  Right before you are ready to serve this, add 2 to 3 tablespoons of Best Foods Mayonnaise.  Do Not Use Miracle Whip!!  You want enough Mayo to coat everything but not too much!  Add Salt and Coarse Ground Pepper, mix and serve.  With a large Cantaloupe, 2 cucumbers, 3 tablespoons of mayo, you should be able to serve about 10 people!  Yeah, makes alot of salad!!  and is only 1 WW point per serving.  You heard it here first!!  Buen Proveche!

No comments:

Post a Comment