Sunday, June 27, 2010

Wounded!!

This, my friends, is the kitchen tool from hell!! 

It was purchased in a weak moment while strolling thru the State Fair Exhibits some 15 years ago and has been hidden from my sight until recently when I rediscovered it.  Notice those blades!!  They are sinister.  Unfortunately, they are not sharp enough to cut through, oh lets say, a sweet potato or a carrot.  Hard root veggies are this things down fall!!



Laura's palm, on the other hand, or actually this hand, was a piece of cake.  Cut through it like a hot knife through butter.  3 times!

As with all things, blaming the tool is kind of senseless.  I wasn't using it properly and was actually anticipating something like this happening.  Just trying to avoid it.  Not such a good job.  Well, I got no sympathy from hubby, but he's gonna wash the dishes.  And I am gonna trash this thing and get me a good mandolin.  I think my $20 spent at the State Fair 15 years ago has long out lived its value.

3 comments:

  1. Awwww that sucks :( I'm so sorry hun. I hope it heals quickly.

    I have a mandolin too and I almost chopped the top of my finger off once. Thankfully at the time my nails were pretty long so it only chopped a cresent like shape into my nail, but it freaked me the f*ck out!! Those things are serious pieces of kitchen machinery!!

    Kisses for your boo boo xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OUCH! I have a few kitchen tools that I have injured myself on so I feel your pain! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love ya both. Thanks, I am already healing up pretty well. Residual antibiotics from the bout with pneumonia, no doubt. Rushing to an early grave? Hmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete