Saturday, June 12, 2010

Weigh In and Not Bad for a Vacation

Ok, then!!  I am up .2!  I am soo happy with that.  I was scared to death that all those scallop tacos and beer and Nachos, did I mention beer? and chips and dips, and oh, and don't forget the beer!!  So you can see, I didn't deserve the break that my body cut me on this one.  But I will take it and have already re-committed to getting back on track immediately. 

I just got back from the grocery store and damn near bought out the produce section.  Everything is ripe and on sale.  What a wonderful combination.  Lettuce, tomatos, sweet onions, carrots, zucchini, you name it!!  Its going to be a wonderful salad that I hope will last me the week.  I also bought a watermelon and a cantaloupe and some cherries!! I can add a little lean protein to a salad and nosh out on fruit and I will be back at my pre-gain weight in no time.  I am rockin' this!!

I have a digital scale and there was a moment this morning that it kind of rocked me back on my heels a little.  I stepped on and it read 185!! I was dumb founded and then angry and I thought about not going to my meeting this morning because that would have meant I gained 6 pounds and I was ashamed!! But then me and myself sat down and had a little heart to heart and me convinced myself that going to the meeting was essential regardless of the gain.  Maybe even more importantly BECAUSE of the gain.  I need to be accountable for that! Running away from it wasn't going to make it any prettier, for damn sure! So I went ahead and got ready to go, all the while steaming about my traitor scale.  Then the more I thought about it, the more improbable that much of a gain became so I pulled the scale out again, moved it to a different spot and stepped up.  179.6.  Now thats more like it!  Regardless, I was going to my meeting tho' and I think that is as much a victory as slapping the scale into submission.

No comments:

Post a Comment