Sunday, August 29, 2010

On the Mayo Front...

As previously posted, I like mayonnaise and am somewhat of a mayonnaise snob.  And damned proud of it, I might add. 

Now, mind you, I am not one of those people who glops mayo on things.  That is the grossest, biggest turn off in the world to me.  If I go somewhere to eat where I know the meal contains mayonnaise, I generally ask for it on the side, because I am very judicious in its use.

Per my post, a few posts ago, I have been debating about trying the Olive Oil mayos.  I, in addition to being a mayo snob, am a brand snob (or at least very loyal). I am a Best Foods/Hellmans user exclusively.   Or at least I was until yesterday. 

At our WW meeting yesterday, I was talking to a couple of other members and someone piped up and said the Kraft Olive Oil Mayo was good.  So when I was shopping, I grabbed a small bottle to try.   We had asparagus for dinner last nite and one of my mayo "things" is mayo (fake hollandaise) on my asparagus.  It was a really raw taste test and IT PASSED!!  Really good stuff. 

So, I will try it on/in future things, see if it holds up as a salad dressing, will I like it on sandwiches, etc.  For half the Point count, I can figure out all kinds of things to do with it as long as it tastes good.  And it does!!

No comments:

Post a Comment