Sunday, August 1, 2010

Weigh In and Washington DC

Well, as I figured, I was up 1.6 lbs for this week, but you know what, I didn't (don't) care.  I really enjoyed myself, I ate good food and not junk and I will take it off, I am sure.  One cannot go and eat at the finest restaurants where the wine and butter flow freely and hope to even maintain, much less lose, weight.  Even knowing I was up, I went to my meeting and will continue to go.  I learn so much and even when I am not being the best Weight Watcher, I am still a Weight Watcher and meetings keep me from falling off the wagon completely.

I made a frittata last night for breakfast this morning.  Recipe looks like this:

Breakfast Frittata

POINTS® Value: 8
Servings: 8

Ingredients
1 lb. Jmmie Dean Breakfast Sausage
2 tblsp Olive Oil
1 bag Simply Potatoes Southwest Hashbrowns
6 item(s) egg
6 item(s) egg white(s)
4 oz Kraft 2% Milk Natural Cheese Mexican four cheese shreds

Preheat Oven to 350.

I break up and brown the sausage then remove from the pan and drain on a paper towel.  I add about a tablespoon of olive oil to the same pan, get it hot and add the potatos and cook until they are golden brown.  You want lots of brownness, so turn them a couple times adding a bit more oil if necessary to assist in the browning.  Once nicely browned, add the sausage into the potatoes and mix well.  Scramble eggs and egg whites together and pour over the potatoes and sausage. Gently move the potato/sausage mix around and let the egg settle in.   Cook slowly on the stovetop for a few more minutes until eggs start to set up. 

Place into a 350 oven for 10 to 15 minutes, watching it.  When it appears to be almost completely set, sprinkle some cheddar or Mexican cheese blend (use the 2% stuff) over the top.  Turn on the broiler and put it back into the oven until cheese melts and gets beautiful.

Its very dense and rich and while traditionally this might make 8 servings at 8 Points, I cut it much thinner for a smaller portion. Its really good, tho', especially with a good salsa on it.  It keeps well and I can take a half serving with me to work for breakfast and, along with some fruit, start my day off just right.  And it can be eaten hot or cold.  Very versatile.


Hubby said "You've GOT to get a picture of that!"  I must admit its really quite lovely. 

I recommend cooking this in a really good non stick pan.  It will slide right out on a plate whole if you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment