Sunday, April 18, 2010

Birthday Parties - Someone Elses

We are going to a friend's house to celebrate her SO's birthday this afternoon.  I volunteered to make guacamole, because I make a killer quacamole and I like to make it (and I like to eat it!). 

Avocados are $1 each right now, which isn't horrid, but the last few I have purchased have been practically inedible with so many bad spots in them that you might get about 1/2 of an avocado you could actually eat. 

So with this in mind, I bought 10 avocados today, thinking if I get 5 avocados worth, it would be perfect.  Wouldn't you know, every stinking one of those avocados was absolutely perfect!!  So now, I have enough guacamole to feed a small country.  I will take some to the party this afternoon and the rest to work tomorrow. 

I haven't posted this recipe because most of us are trying to watch what we consume and this stuff has absolutely nothing to do with eating healthy.  However, if anyone really wants, just let me know and I will put it out there.  Its not a secret and as most know, there are as many guacamole recipes as there are people that eat the stuff.  I am just partial to this one (and I made it up so Mother Love and all that).

No comments:

Post a Comment