Friday, April 23, 2010

There is No Place Like Home!!

Ah, two Wizard of Oz references in just a couple days.  I think I need to pull out my WoO video and watch it.  I would love to have a Flying Monkey or two.  Anyway...

I am home!  Yayyy!  Took me forever it seems like.  Yesterday morning I woke up at 2 freaking 30 in the morning and could not go back to sleep.  So I just got myself cleaned up, packed up and sat and read for several hours until I could go get some breakfast and head into the last day of the conference.  Talk about boring!! I actually did not stay for the entire thing as the last section was not pertinent to anything I had to deal with so went ahead and left for the airport.  Got the car turned in and went to check in, but they wouldn't allow me to check my bags more that four hours early?!  What?  I didn't think I was that early, so I asked the ticketing agent and she told me that my flight had already been delayed 2 hours!  OMG!  I wasn't going to get home until around 1 a.m.

I asked her if she could get me on an earlier flight and bless her heart, she managed to get me on the next flight out.  Eileen, I love you. For real, Girl!  But now I have a 3 hour lay over at LAX.  That's cool.  They sell Lite beer and I can sit and watch people for hours.  And I am very friendly and enjoy talking to people. I got to pet Hercules who is the Pit Bull buddy of the Little Person who has the Pit Bull/Little Person show on Animal Planet!  It was kinda fun actually. 

My flight out of there was supposed to be at 7:05, so I head over to the gate, only to discover that it was going to be late too!  8:05 to be exact!  Except we didn't get off the ground until 8:30 and I didn't get home until after 10.  I said my hellos to the golfer, put my jammies on, took a sleeping pill because I was too tired to sleep and crashed.  I am still exhausted.  I am getting too old for this nonsense. 

Its good to be home.

1 comment: