Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Birthday Tomorrow

Well, tomorrow is the B-day and, needless to say, I ain't getting any younger.  But you know, I am getting better.  I feel better, I look better, I eat better, I sleep better.  I am just all around better.  I need to give up my beer and that's a tough one.  I like nothing better than a cold beer or two (or 4) after work, so its decision time.  Looking in the mirror and seeing the progress I have made to date makes me wonder what I could accomplish if I stop the brewskis.  I drink light beer (and truly, rarely count it!) so I know without a doubt there is impact in that lovely cold can.  Hmmm, what a dilemma. 

I got an opportunity to take a really nice walk today.  I work for a very large company and we have a huge compound with multiple buildings.  We were having a meeting in a different one than the one I work in and it's quite a ways away. As we were getting ready to go, I piped in with "Who's car are we taking?", my co-worker said "Let's walk".  Now I immediately figured the dude had lost his mind because driving it I would say is easily a mile and we had about 15 minutes to get there.   He assured me it wasn't that far and we set out on our little trek.  Whatya know?  He was right!  and it was a beautiful glorious morning for a walk.  So I am going to start walking it everyday.  I don't know exactly how far it is, I will wear my pedometer tomorrow so I can get a better sense of that.  I think its about 1 mile round trip.  Which is easy to do on my lunch hour.  I love our desert and this path cuts right thru it with amazing plants and animals on both sides. 

I am one lucky girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment