Friday, July 16, 2010

The Night Before Weigh In

I always try to eat light the day before Weigh In.  I don't like to get on the scale with a hamburger hang over and I know that beef takes so long to digest that a spot of roast beef will show up on the scale tomorrow.  So I generally go with fish or seafood with some side(s) and that gets me through.

Tonite it was tilapia and my only decision was how to cook it.  So, I did a Potato Crusted Tilapia using instant potatoes and eggbeater.  Man, it was soo good.  I haven't had fried fish in a long time.  Hell I haven't even SAID fried in a long time.  Here's a recipe and a picture of the results. 

Potato Crusted Tilapia
POINTS® Value: 5
Servings: 6

Ingredients

1 1/2 pound(s) raw tilapia (6 fillets)
1 cup(s) dry potato flakes
1 cup(s) Egg Beaters Egg Beaters
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp lemon pepper

Instructions

Mix Potato Flakes with Lemon pepper in shallow dish large enough to hold at least one fillet.
Pour Egg Beaters into different shallow dish.
Heat frying pan over medium heat and add 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp oil.
Put one 1 fillet into the Eggbeaters then dredge through potato flakes.
Add to hot frying pan. Fry about 3 minutes each side or until golden brown.
Add additional butter and oil, if needed when you flip fillets 3 and 4.  That should be plenty to finish all the fish.

Together with a cup of mixed veggies, this was a 6 point meal.  You don't get much better than that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment