Sunday, January 31, 2010

Dinner, Breakfast and Random Fat Thoughts

Dinner last nite was not so OP, but as I really didn't eat alot of it, it worked out ok.  We grilled a couple of chuck eye steaks (5 pt for 3 oz), baked a couple of potatoes and I steamed some asparagus and sauteed (just sprayed a nonstick pan with some olive oil actually) some mushrooms.  Turns out I at less than 3 oz of the steak, about 1/4 of a potato with some B&B and light sour cream, lots of asparagus and mushrooms.  I think got out of there for about 8 points.  Not bad.  Don't tell anyone, but I think I could swear off beef forever.  Its so heavy.  I eat very little of it when offered.  On the otherhand, I crave some recipes, like my machaca, which is more about the seasonings than the meat. 

Then breakfast this morning I wanted a pancake soooo bad.  So I made some!!  I had 1 whole wheat pancake from scratch with a little B&B and maple syrup and 2 slices of bacon.   8 points and I am totally satisfied.  And whole wheat pancakes aren't half bad. 

I was thinking this morning about the reason I joined Weight Watchers the first time (about 5 years ago).  I was at the airport, getting ready to fly out to DC probably, and this woman and her little girl were there waiting also.  Little Girl was maybe 5 or 6 years old and cute.  I like kids, usually.  So I stand up to gather my computer case and the rest of my paraphenalia and Little Girl is sizing me up.  Head to Toe.   Then she looks at me and in the most innocent way asks "Are you gonna have a baby?"  I just started laughing out loud.  I thought the child's mother was gonna implode and I know she was trying to figure out why she didn't drown this child at birth.  I reassured the mother that I was not nearly as insulted as she was embarrassed and told the little girl that "No, I am just fat!".

When I got home from my trip, I started Weight Watchers.  Outta the mouths of babes...!

No comments:

Post a Comment