Friday, January 29, 2010

What a Week!

Well, tomorrow is Weigh In.  And I have been a particularly good girl.  Really boosted up my veggies and fruits and the scale (home) is showing it.  I am well beyond the TOM period (no pun intended) of my life so I don't have to worry about hormone fluctuations affecting my weight.  On the other hand, that could be a really good excuse if I had no other.  So I am out there, naked with no where to hide!!  On my own, fessing up to my diet crimes. What is one to do?

We are have a great cafeteria at work and a super young general chef manager named Anna.  She is very open to suggestions about making the cafeteria selections a little more healthy and has started putting out some marvelous concotions that I can just munch and drool and then track my little Weight Watchin' heart out.  Case in point, thinly sliced apples mixed with craisins (not a lot, just a hint), cinammon, and some other spices, coated with a balsamic vinegar dressing, and topped with some toasted sliced almonds.  We weigh these at the cafeteria, so I even know how much I am getting ounce wise.  Good deal.  My taste buds are doing the happy dance as is my tracker.  Anna is going to print me out the recipe.  I will pass it on when I get it.

Mentally, it has been a tough week.  DH has quit his job and I am ready to drown him in the pool.  His temper and lack of patience have finally driven him to do something so foolish and self destructive that I cannot even comprehend what he was thinking.  Thankfully, he is eligible to retire in September and we are not in a desperate financial situation, but it worries me to no end.  I know that people get cranky when they get older but they are also supposed to have developed some psychological tools to deal with the annoying little things that life deals out on a daily basis.  We have been talking about doing some international travel in the the near future, some of it to what is considered 3rd world countries.  I have told him that before I consider going anywhere with him at this point, he has to prove to me that he can stand in a service line for however long it takes to get something accomplished without losing his cool.  I have no desire to be hauled off an airliner because my husband was acting the ass when the plane didn't take off on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment