Sunday, January 31, 2010

Soup!

Oh, I have made the most marvelous soup.  Beef, lean round, cut into bite size pieces, about 1 1/3 lbs.  I salted, peppered and garlic powdered the meat and quickly seared it, just a spray of oil in stew pot, and then covered with 6 cups of fat free, low sodium beef broth.  (Ultimately, I would also add another 3 cups of chicken broth because there was not a big enough ratio of solids to liquids for me!)  Then I started chopping veggies - 3 celery stalks, 3 cups of sliced carrots, half an onion, 2 turnips, C&W frozen corn kernals.  Seasoned with fresh parsley, some rosemary, oregano, bay leaves.  I plan eventually to add some potato, but damn, it does not need it at all.  So very good, I may never buy another can of vegetable beef soup as long as I live.  I swear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment