Saturday, January 30, 2010

Weigh In and Groceries

Weigh In today.  Down 1.2.  Just short of 20 lbs and almost to my 10%!  Woo Hoo!!  I am losing right around one pound a week, which, while certainly not setting any land speed records, is totally acceptable.

Our WW meeting center is right next to a Sunflower Market, which is the other natural, organics store we have in town.  Tucson has a great healthy eating mentality and we have Whole Foods, Trader Joe's and Sunflower Market.  If one doesn't have what you want, surely the others will.  In addition, our Fry's (Kroger's) has a pretty full WW line of products, not to mention many of the other items I use alot.  So I ran into Sunflower Mkt on my way home from the meeting and managed to wander around for about 30 minutes.  I bought some lentils and some Cotija (Ko tee ha) cheese.  If you don't know about Cotija cheese, its like Mexican parmasan.  Its dry and crumbly and is amazing on refried beans and most any other mexican style dish I can think of.  Its got a very strong flavor, not bitter or pungent, just impressive flavor and is exceedingly salty so a little goes along way.  Its really, really good.


I still need to do some more shopping, but I was so hungry after the meeting, I didn't dare do any more than I did.  Once again, half a bacon breakfast burrito filled the bill and I am good now.  I think I will do a little recipe planning and then head out.  Have great day all.

No comments:

Post a Comment